Day 11: Put your Ipod on shuffle and write the ten songs that pop up
My taste in music is incredibly varied – one could go as far as calling it weird ! My playlist consists of an odd mixture of different genres . I find it difficult to pinpoint what genre is my favourite because I appreciate any music that sounds good and has meaningful lyrics. I also love to dance – only when I am in the privacy of my own bedroom where I am sheltered from ridicule and never-ending laughter by my four highly decorated walls – so music that has a cool or funky beat appeals to me.
1.The Calculation by Regina Spektor. Regina is my favourite music artist . Her musical ability is a gift that she utilises superbly ! Her songs are so beautiful and are always thoughtfully constructed. Her lyrics tell mysterious tales that make you ponder them long after you’ve listened to the songs.
2. East of Eden by Zella Day. I chanced upon this song whilst on Sound cloud. She has a unique voice and her lyrics are refreshingly original .
3. Oltemare by Ludovico Einaidu. This song transports me to a magical place !
5. Mwanasikana by Jah Prayzah. This is a modern Shona song sung by a Zimbabwean artist. I love listening to Zimbabwean music because it helps me keep track of the ever-changing popular culture in Zimbabwe.
7. Papaoutai by Stromae. This is a French song by an artist called Paul Van Haver whose stage name is Stromae. He is half Belgian and half Rwandan. This song is really emotional because in it he sings about life without his father who was killed in the Rwandan genocide.
8. Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles. My favourite Beatles song ! The cello is superb !
9. Knee Socks – Arctic Monkeys. The introductory bass guitar in this song is amazing ! This band is the definition of awesome 🙂
10. Harry and Hermione – Deathly Hallows Soundtrack. I’m a soundtrack junkie. I watch movies for their soundtracks and I think that this is the most beautiful song ever ! Tumblr has this entire fandom dedicated to shipping Harry and Hermione – it’s called Harmony 😛 The things that one finds on tumblr are definitely interesting !
Lots Of Lily Love ❤ (LOLL)