Day 12: Bullet your entire day
I have a slight case of obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to schedules and timetables. Nothing vexes me more than having time wasted. I get annoyed when people waste my time but I also get annoyed when I waste my own time. I’ve attributed this OCD quality to my psychological need to always be in control.
I draw up weekly timetables on which I have my entire week planned. I plan exactly what I will do with my time during each hour of each day. It helps me figure out how much studying I can fit into my schedule and I can also plan my social activities (free time) accordingly. My weekly planners are instrumental in keeping me organised. People think it’s weird and obsessive but it has been helping me for a long time so I guess I will just keep doing it. I would be absolutely lost were it not for my planners and schedules.
A day in the life of Lily 🙂
- 04:00 – 05:00 : Rise and shine ! During this hour I shower, pack my bag for the day, eat breakfast and tidy my room.
- 05:00 -06:30 Study OR Homework OR Last minute work
- 06:30 -07:00 Travel to campus.
- 08:00 – 12:00 Lectures
- 12:00 – 12:30 Travel back home
- 12:30-13:00 Lunch time , prepare my study area, check social media.
- 13:00 – 14:00 Nap time ! (My favourite time of the day 🙂
- 14:00 – 19:00 Study
- 19:00 – 20:00 Supper time and washing up
- 20:00 – 22:00 Study . I prepare for the lectures for the next day .
- 22:00 -22:30 Shower , check social media , pray.
- 22:30 – 04:00 Sleep time !
Wow ! What a boring schedule ! 😛 I wish I had more fun stuff in there but this all that I am capable of during the semester 🙂 I can assure you that my holidays(vacations) look nothing like this stiff regimented drill because I actually attempt to have a life ( a normal life that is).
Lectures on the importance of a regular routine have been forced into our brains since the beginning of the year. This schedule has helped me build up a routine that is conducive for studying. That was the structure of my days in Pathology and Pharmacology. I could easily fit in unexpected meetings and appointments by adjusting where necessary.
With the Introduction To Clinical Module , however , it has been slightly more challenging to follow this schedule due to the haphazard layout of the timetable. There have been days when I’ve stayed on campus until 5 pm and others where I only had to attend a one hour lecture in the morning.
This year has shown me that life does what it wants and one just has to plan around the distractions and obstructions it throws with a cool, calm and collected attitude (I’m working on the calm and collected bit).
Lots Of Lily Love ❤ (LOLL)