My results were released yesterday afternoon and prior to that I was a bundle of nerves. I could not eat or sleep. I walked around my house in a zombie-like state. I dreaded sleep because of the terrors and nightmares it brought with it.
The Morning of Results Release Day( 06:00 am)
Later That Morning (08:00 am)
Ten Minutes after Later That Morning ( 08:10 am)
Mid-Morning (10:00 am)
At this point , I started to immerse myself in research about possible alternative careers that I could pursue instead of medicine.
My Top 5 Alternative Careers :
- Professional Fan Girl – This would be the best job ever !
- Professional #johnlock shipper – Johnlock is the way guys ! I might be turning into a superwholockian
- Pimp’s Assistant – I originally thought I could be a stripper (jk mom and dad) but I don’t have the body or the dance moves for that.
- Refrigerator Moderator – I would ensure that all the food in the fridge is of superb quality : by eating it of course.
- Pottermore Champion – My pottermore experience has been pathetic thus far ! I initially signed up when it first came out but I have not made any progress at all since then. I’m still on the first book ( hides face).
Lily the Loner Appears (11:00 am)
Starting To Care Again : Mid-day (12:00 pm)
Results were due to be released at 2pm
Return of The Appetite 13:00 pm
Self-doubt Alleyway 13:30 pm
Convincing myself that I had failed (13:50)
One Minute Before Results Release (13:59)
Seeing That I had Passed (14:02 pm)
A Flood of Relief ! (14: 03 pm)
The initial shock of seeing PASS next to my student number had worn off ! I didn’t care about what my mark was. I just wanted to see that I had passed and did not have to do any re evaluations for anything !
Later That Night ( 23:00 pm)
I had a most restful and relaxed sleep ! It felt so wonderful to dream of something other than my results ( this had been the norm for the past week). Depending on who you ask in my household, my marks were satisfactory (my padre thinks otherwise ). I have five more years to continue striving for excellence and to keep proving him wrong 😉
I am excited for second year but I think it would be wise if I concentrated on enjoying my holiday for now 🙂 I shall keep updating my Shindigs and Shenanigans during this vacation ( which I can now start to truly enjoy).
I plan to write posts regarding my first year experience and any helpful hints and tips I have for prospective medical students in South Africa ( because passing first year totally makes me qualified to do this 🙂 )
Lots Of Lily Love ❤ (LOLL)