Last week Friday I bid adieu to the cardiovascular system (until exams that is) and tomorrow I begin with the Gastrointestinal system.
The cardiovascular system was an amazing block and I thoroughly enjoyed it. That, however ,does not mean that it was “easy”. Our ECG course could be more aptly described as a crash course. We covered the entire topic in less than one week ! Our professor , a brilliantly scary man, was oblivious to the fact that “One does not simply master the art of ECG interpretation in less than one week !”
I am going to be doing a couple of ECGs every day until exams so that I can approach my paper with confidence and learn how to recognise the patterns with more ease.
My absence from the blogosphere threatens to stray into the realm of neglect and for that I offer my most heartfelt apology. Prior to the end of module test I was a bundle of nerves and I was working ardently to ensure that I would be adequately prepared . After the test ,my brain refused to do anything requiring expenditure of energy.I decided that I would just aim to relax and de-stress myself.
Note: The best time to be around me is a couple of hours after an end of module test when the nerves have worn off and I have come to the realisation that I have a a free weekend ahead of me 😛 😀
My aim was achieved and I can safely say that I had a fantastic weekend !
- I finished one of the best books ever written. Middlesex by Jeffrey Euginedes. I’m almost sad that I read it because I cannot relive the experience of reading it for the first time. It was so amazing and absolutely engaging and certainly very interesting to read.
- I had movie marathons galore 🙂 I revisited Middle Earth ( I do a very convincing Gollum impression given that I have consumed enough sugar) , High School Musical ( surprisingly) and watched many series as well.
- I visited my favourite book store and pretended that I had no responsibilities for hours on end.
- I finally tasted a quesidilla ( cheesy and meaty goodness ) and my tastebuds were transported to food heaven.
- I indulged in reading fan fiction and am sailing on too many ships.
- I did absolutely nothing requiring the use of my brain cells and did not feel an inkling of guilt !
- I also walked around in nature , my favourite thing to do<3
I am hoping that the next two months pass by swimmingly 🙂 I want to enjoy what I am learning , prepare well for the examinations that are yet to come ( June ! Yikes !) and remain calm through it all. This week is my last week as an eighteen year old ! I feel like I should be at least twenty but I guess 19 will have to do for now 🙂 #crownbirthday 🙂
Lots Of Lily Love ❤ (LOLL)