An entire month has gone by and Neurosciences 1 has been completed ! I managed to fill my EOB weekend with as much “stuff” as possible and it was truly enjoyable. When I say “stuff” I’m referring to my favourite pastimes ; sleeping ,eating🍧 and watching series .
Neuro exceeded my expectations 😍 and although difficult in some places , I found myself enjoying it with the grand exception of ophthalmology. Ophthalmology was harrowing. We had one week of it but I feel as though I still need years to be useful in it. The only part of ophthalmology series that I truly enjoyed was trauma.
I also got my mentees and they are really cool 🙂
🌸January Favourites 🌸
🎶 Music 🎶
I’m still listening to music from 2015 🙂 The only new album released by an artist I listen to this year has been by Daughter and I have yet to acquire it before I can make any judgement on it.
- A Head Full of Dreams – Coldplay
- Hymn for the Weekend is a must-listen-to ! It’s really beautiful. 😍
- Tell Me I’m Pretty – Cage The Elephant
- Trouble – It’s a sad song but it’s so beautiful !
- How Big How Blue How Beautiful – Florence and The Machine
- Hiding – the lyrics to this song are absolutely breathtaking.
📖 Books 📖
- Catcher In The Rye – J. D Salinger.
- White Cat by Holly Black
- Silence of the Lambs – Thomas Harris . I’m reigniting my love for thrillers .
🎾 Exercise 🎾
I have been really really really lackadaisical 😌. I signed up for a Sub 55-min 10km plan on Run Keeper but the problem lately has been trying to fit in my running with the unbearably hot weather that Cape Town has been having. I get terrible nose bleeds and headaches if I run in the heat. Hopefully February will be a more successful month of running. I plan to run early in the morning and early evenings when the weather is a lot cooler 😆
I shall endeavour to update more regularly in February 😁 Onwards to Family Medicine I go 🙂
Lots of Lily Love (LOLL) ❤ ❤