Is it too early to crown a “best month of the year” ?
February has exceeded my expectations thus far and it has not even reached its conclusion yet. Let me commence with a Lily Update because a great deal has occurred during this month 🙂
- I have brand new spectacles and contacts . My vision had deteriorated since the last time I went to the optometrist so it feels fantastic to be seeing clearly these days 🙂 It’s my first time wearing contact lenses and I am adjusting relatively well. They make going to gym and wearing make up much easier because I don’t have to worry about my spectacles falling off or concealing my expertly made up winged eyeliner 😛 . I thought my spectacle style was quirky and cute 😀 Let me know if you agree ❤
- I am currently on a theory block , Infections & Clinical Immunology. I am , shockingly , enjoying this block. It’s very practical , interesting and unusually well organized. As someone whose life thrives on “organization” I am ecstatic to be on this block.
- I have a new personal laptop and it’s thrilling to customize it and make it Lily Functional. I make ALL my theory notes using my computer. My entire existence is stored upon my laptop so it was to my great distress when my trusty old laptop decided to ascend to a better place last year 😦
- The surgical society committee , of which I am part of this year, recently hosted an excellent talk from a paediatric neurosurgeon. It was mind-blowing ! I am eagerly awaiting all the events that we have planned for the rest of the year .
- I have discovered that I don’t like meal planning at all. I
don’t like to eat the same food everyday. I prefer variety in my diet. I am resorting to portion and time control because my diet is generally healthy and all I need to tweak are my portions and the times when I eat.
- I am thoroughly enjoying all the time that I spend in gym. I have lost 1, 5 kg thus far and I’m thrilled. I was initially distressed when I started attending gym because I had absolutely no idea what it was that I wanted to do nor did I know how to use the equipment . Now I have settled into a comfortable routine and I am going to very happily continue with it.
!! THE BIG REVEAL !!
I finally got my drivers license ! *Proceeds to dance uncontrollably*
I’ve had my learner’s license for the past two years and driving was beginning to induce anxiety attacks in me
because strictly speaking it’s not exactly completely legal to drive without a drivers license.
This was my third time trying out. My first attempt was disastrous; I didn’t even finish my yard test because I rolled back on the three point turn . The second time was completely horrible and I finished my yard test only to be failed on observations.
It was emotionally crushing and I really didn’t want to try again any time soon. I had resigned myself to living without a license . Luckily my parents urged me to arrange another appointment last year during my holiday.
Having my license makes a huge difference because now I can go on ALL my little solo trips and adventures without the anxiety of being arrested by traffic cops 🙂 I can actually meet up with my friends regularly ! I don’t have to ask other people to lift me around ! I feel so liberated ! Yay me ! It also makes me feel like I am one step closer to successful future adulting 😀 😀
My first solo trip is going to be to my favorite bookshop which happens to be on the other side of Cape Town 🙂 I’ll be cruising along in my car with my valid driver’s license 🙂
February has resolutely set the benchmark which I hope to surpass each successive month this year 🙂
Lots of Lily Love ❤ ❤ ❤ (LOLL)